How to Create or Remove SQL Server Password?
Do you know how to create a SQL server password to protect your data stored on SQL server? What to do if you forget your SQL password? Following it will introduce you how to create a SQL password. And it also tells you how to remove SQL Server password if you forget as password can be easily lost.
How to create a SQL Server password?
As we know, it is an important security measure to set a password for user accounts and in particular the SA account. And it is very easy for you to create a SQL Server password. Just follow the simple instructions.
1. Open the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio program from the Start menu bar in Windows.
2. Click on the SQL Server instance on which the new user will be created.
3. Right-click the Security folder, point to New, and then click Login.
4. On the General page, enter a name for the new login in the Login name box.
5. Select SQL Server Authentication and enter a password for the login.
6. Select the password policy options that should be applied to the new login. In general, enforcing password policy is the more secure option.
7. Click the OK to complete the creation of the new user.
What will you do if you forget SQL password and cannot access to SQL database? The effective way I know is to remove SQL Server password with the help of SQL Server password remover software. SQL Password Recovery is one of the good MS SQL password remover tools which can help you remove SQL password in a few seconds.
How to remove SQL password with Windows Password Recovery?
SQL Password Recovery is handy SQL Server password remover software for you to reset SQL password including reset SA password and other user passwords. You don't need to install MS SQL Server on your PC, and the file in master.mdf format is enough for you to remove SQL Server password and set a new one for it.
Step 1. Download and install SQL Password Recovery, and run the application.
Step 2. Click Open to import your master.mdf file. All the user names of your MS SQL Server will be displayed.
Step 3. Select an SQL account, click Change password button.
Step 4. Type a new password, and then click OK.
This SQL account password has been reset. You can login with the newly set SQL password. Although it is easy for you to reset SQL passwordwith SQL password recovery, it is better to keep your SQL password in heart. Or you can also write it down on a paper and keep in a safe place.